Monday, August 23, 2010

In My (Stuffy) Head

Summer. Got a cold. Or is it allergies. No idea. Alls I know is I'm swimming through the clouds on this here syrup. Gonna hit the pillow for a little coma-doze.

Went on tour recently. Threw down a few hundred on records. I mean, isn't that one of the primary reasons for touring anyway? Had a coupla Iron Cross 7"s in my fingers. Sure they're crap records, but romantic ones at that. Mr. Epp, Fuck Ups, stared 'em in the face too. Couldn't pull the trigger. Knew it'd be another day, another city, another record store for the duration of tour. Spoiled Brats - Rip Off 7" probably being my top grab for the time spent digging. Scratch that, first Helmet 7" for $10. Never seen it before, never thought I'd find it, especially not for that price.

So what's tickling my eardrums these days? Puerto Rico Flowers 7" and 12" are jaw droppers. That new-ish Zola Jesus 12"EP kills too. Picked up a Zoogz Rift LP, along with Eddy Grant "Electric Avenue" and Byrds "So You Want To Be a Rock N Roll Star" 7"s. Great day. Ceremony (not the Bridge 9 band) LP, new Drunkdriver, Broken Water, Wild America demo and 7". All winners.

One day I'll post regularly. Maybe.

No comments: